Only articles and books can be supplied which are not available at the university library Mainz. You can search for books in the online catalogue. To find out whether an article is available in print or electronically at our library please use the button in PubMed.
Articles from scientific journals
The internal library lending (ILV) supplies articles from scientific journals free-of-charge.
Students and staffmembers of the University Central Medicine can take advantage of this service. If you don’t belong to the University Central Medicine you have to use inter-library lending.
- Time of delivery: 1-2 weeks
- Delivery by internal mail or pick up directly at the Departmental Library for the University Medical Centre
- The internal library lending is free-of-charge
- If your paper is not available via ILV libraries there might be a cost, in that case we will inform you before ordering.
- To order: login with your ZDV account.
- Important: PubMed ID (PMID) of the article.
- If the article is not given in PubMed? We require first author, article title and title of the journal etc.
With PMID: >>> to the order form
Without PMID: >>> to the order form
Books, thesis for the doctorate, articles from journals, etc.
If you order by inter-library lending:
- Search and order via the Catalogue portal Mainz
- Precondition: Registration for inter-library loan at the library.
- Book (for lending): 1,50 Euro
- Articles up to 40 pages (as copy): 1,50 Euro, more than 40 pages: 10-30 Cents each page as of the first page.
- Costs differ regarding inter-library lending from abroad, please contact us.
- Time of delivery for articles: approx. 1-2 weeks.
- Time of delivery for books: mostly more than 1-2 weeks.
- You will be informed by e-mail as soon as the literature is ready for pick-up.
Do you want to save time?
Subito: Delivery of journal articles and books from selected libraries.
Costs: as of 6,-- Euro/each article copy, registration is necessary.